Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Bill Gates's leadership

It is not new or something to be amazed at, A man who owns one of the largest corporation on earth, definitely has the best leadership skills.


Mr. Bill Gates (Chairman, Microsoft Inc.) leadership skills are clearly reflected when Steve Jobs said, 


"I called up Bill and said, “I’m going to turn this thing around.” Bill always had a soft spot for Apple. We got him into the application software business. The first Microsoft apps were Excel and Word for the Mac. So I called him and said, “I need help.” Microsoft was walking over Apple’s patents. I said, “If we kept up our lawsuits, a few years from now we could win a billion-dollar patent suit. You know it, and I know it. But Apple’s not going to survive that long if we’re at war. I know that. So let’s figure out how to settle this right away. All I need is a commitment that Microsoft will keep developing for the Mac and an investment by Microsoft in Apple so it has a stake in our success."


This shows that unlike many leaders out there Mr. Bill always knew the right guy to befriend, doesn't matter if he is your competitor. He always believed in sharing (although he was quite opposite in terms of software [outsourcing] ;) ) . No wonder to see huge donations by Gates Foundations.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting!!!
    Good Start...All the Best........
    Looking Forward for more blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. yoo bro.........liked the blog and ofcourse microsoft is in your gene ....bro very informative blog....waiting for more

    ReplyDelete